In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team and other staff at the setting some of our achievements include the following:
- With the help, support and involvement of all the staff, children and parents of the school, achieved ‘Oustanding’ from Ofsted
- Established close and effective relationships with other nurseries, providing support to each other to further develop their setting
- Further raised the consistency in quality of teaching through Level 3 diplomas and additional courses
- Ensured effective and focused continuous professional development (CPD) on Phonics and Helicopter Stories.
Further raised standards in reading by:
– implementing a structured and focused whole school CPD programme
– reviewing the teaching of Guided Reading
– making a significant investment in new reading books throughout school
Improved provision for all our children by:
– appointing a specialist SEN consultant to work with staff and pupils on a weekly basis
– reviewing and extending the range of strategies and interventions used to meet the needs of all children
– investing in additional resources to support the education of individuals and groups of pupils
Further improved the safety and well being of our pupils by:
– forming a Safeguarding Team including staff from a range of roles in nursery who meet weekly to ensure effective support for vulnerable pupils
– All staff are Level 1 Fire Warden, Level 2 Food and Nutrition, Supporting Wellbeing in the EYFS, CAF/ CON and Paediatric First Aid trained.
We are reading
We all know that reading for pleasure is both an enjoyable and rewarding experience as well as a key tool for future learning. Day in day out, we see the rapid progress made by those children who read often and want to say a big thank you to all the mums, dads and carers who support with this.
“LITTLE SPARKLES NURSERY IS AN OUTSTANDING CHILDCARE PROVIDER”
The atmosphere across the whole nursery is vibrant and purposeful. Children play in
complete harmony and exemplary behaviour.’
‘The curriculum across the whole nursery is extraordinarily well targeted to meet the needs of the children attending.’
‘Parent feedback is phenomenal. They highly praise the staff team and remark
on excellent progress their children have made.’
LSN is proud to announce that we have achieved the Millie’s Mark award, England’s gold standard in paediatric first aid. This demonstrates that our nursery has 100% of staff working directly with children trained in paediatric first aid and is going above and beyond requirements to keep children safe.